- Bachelor Of Science - Kansas State University
- Atmospheric Science Degree - University Of Kansas
- KSNF-TV, Joplin, Mo. (Reporter/Photographer/Editor/Meteorologist)
- KSNT-TV, Topeka, Kan. (Photographer/Meteorologist)
Matt is married to the former Deb Jack of Knoxville. He moved here for a job as a single man and fell in love with a "southern girl." They have have a son named Joshua. They also have a lab named "Tucker," who is NOT named for Lori Tucker!
- Golf, hiking, singing, spending time at the lake, working on the lawn
- Member, Emerald Youth Foundation Board of Directors
- Member, Knoxville Nativity Pageant Advisory Board
I not only enjoy the challenge of forecasting, but the contact with the community. Visiting schools and speaking at a number of community events are the highlights of my job. I love the way people trust me to deliver their weather. I consider it an honor that viewers allow me into their home every night.
- Nominated for three regional Emmys for Best Weathercast
- Won the MetroPulse Best of Knoxville contest in 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003 and 2004.
- Won The Knoxville News-Sentinel's Best of Knoxville Contest in 2000.